But there is someone more important than all of them. YOU!
If you don’t look after yourself you can become the empty pot with nothing to pour from for anyone else.
So What is Self Care and why is it so important?
To keep up with our busy lives, we don’t think twice before putting ourselves on the back burner. More often than not, it takes a wake-up call to notice the tolls of missing meals, being over worked or an endless calendar of tasks and event that make up our lifestyle.
No matter how indulgent or fancy the term may sound, self-care is crucial for our physical, emotional and mental well-being. You shouldn’t neglect yourself. Self Care is about taking time out or moments for yourself so that when you need to you have something to give others. It’s not selfish to think about your self-care but important to your health and wellbeing.
There are eight areas to Self Care
Self care is split into eight area and there are many things you can do to give those areas a boost.
Here are a few suggestions for each area
- Physical – Sleep, take a walk, health food, rest
- Emotional – Stress management, compassion, forgiveness
- Social – Ask for help, time together, boundaries
- Spiritual – time alone, Meditation, journaling
- Personal – Hobbies, Knowing yourself, being true to yourself
- Space – Healthy living space, security and stability
- Financial – Savings, Budget, Money management
- Work – Time management, learning more, break time